|Season 2, Episode 1|
|Air date||January 3, 1987|
|Written by||Michael Jacobs|
|Directed by||Phil Ramuno|
"The Naked Truth"
Charles returns from a two-week camping trip with his friend Buddy, to discover a whole new household waiting for him. The Pembrokes are moving to Seattle, and the Powells are sub-letting the house. Jill is sad to leave, but has recommended Charles to Ellen and the Powell family, which includes youngsters Jamie, Sarah, Adam and their grandfather Walter. If he wants, Charles can move right back into his old room and help with the Powell family just like he used to help with the Pembrokes. However, his friend Buddy has other ideas. Buddy is not enthralled with Charles' domesticity and tries to persuade Charles to move into an off—campus apartment with him. At first Charles agrees and they go off, but in the end, he decides helping a nice family is preferable to the bachelor life, at least for now.
- First episode to air in syndication.
- First appearances of the Powells.
- Last appearances of Jill and Jason Pembroke.
- Lisa Donovan portrayed Jill instead of Julie Cobb.
- Debut of Sid's Pizza Parlor, replacing The Lamplight as the characters' hangout.
- Bonus episode on the Season 1 DVD